Monday 2 April 2012

Empire Magazine Cover Research



During my research of empire covers, I found that it was not common for empire to display horror films on their front cover. This cover displaying ‘new moon’ was the closest I could find to a ‘horror cover’. I noted the bold use of the red masthead against the darker background, and above the central image, which must be clear and eye catching. I also noted the way in which the smaller articles were positioned around the outside of the image, careful not to intrude onto the main focus of the image. I also found that empire more than often position their price and date within the ‘M’ for Empire, a convention I decided I will definitely follow. Their use of red and white, picked up from the masthead is furthered as colour choice throughout the whole magazine cover, and works very well against the black background of the image; also a good choice of colours as red and white against black backgrounds, could connote the horror genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment